Friday, November 11, 2011

Celebrating Our 30s: Natalie!

We couldn't wait to interview Natalie because when we initially got in contact with her, she had just turned 30 and pregnant with her first little man and due any moment.  We are happy to annouce she had a beautiful little boy whom she blogs about on her website along with life as a wife to her Dallas Boy (handsome hubby)!  Plus she refers to herself as Miss Bright Side and who wouldn't want to know someone with that disposition?
We are pleased to introduce the new mama to you all, Natalie!

____________________________________________________

First Name
Natalie

Age
30

1. What have you changed about the following areas since turning 30?
Physical
* I am a new mom to a 6 week old baby boy so my body is definitely different! It is
not as scary as I thought it would be though, I am hoping watching what I eat and exercising (30 Day Shred, woot!) will help me get back to my pre-baby weight.

Social
  Compared to my twenties my social life in my thirties is SO tame. I frequented bars and clubs in my twenties, now I really look forward to a cozy night in with my husband and son.

Money
 I am a stay-at-home mom so my household is a one income family. I do my best to stay on top of our budget and find ways to make our dollars stretch. My son is my number one priority so I focus on making sure his needs are met. That is more important to me now than buying a trendy pair of shoes (although, I do miss my shoe shopping!).

Relationships As I transitioned from my twenties to my thirties I started to evaluate my friendships. I am choosing to only spend my time and energy on people that are positive for me. No more drama!

Children   
 My son, Max, the cutest little baby boy ever!
He was born September 7, 2011, 3 weeks before my due date!

1. Make a Confession about being a 30something?     
I confess that I really enjoy being thirty! I feel like my twenties were such a time of exploration, growth, and drama; I am glad that phase of my life is over. I feel like I am really becoming comfortable in my own skin and don’t need to please everyone. I am truly starting to live for myself!
Go Wild!

2. What would you tell your 20-something self?  
 You will struggle, quite often. You will lose friendships, only to gain lifelong ones. You will end that toxic relationship and lose everything, but you WILL get your life back and it is 100 times better. That list of traits you made in what you were looking for in a man? You will find him and he will exceed all your expectations and will change your life for the better. The career you always thought you wanted? Turns out you truly want to just be happy and that doesn’t include a fancy job title. Becoming a mom will change you forever and you will finally feel like you are doing what you are meant to do. You are the woman you are today because of the decisions you made in your twenties and although they weren’t always the best choices, you are a good person, inside and out.

3. What is the best/fun thing you’ve done since turning 30?
 Hands down, without a doubt, becoming a mom!


4. Any fashion and beauty you've learned since turning 30?   
 Less is more! I actually wear less make-up now than I ever have.
I am trying to let my natural beauty shine through more.

5. Do you have any favourite motto you go by?   
 Heal the past, Live the present, Dream the future!

6. Do you have one advice you would like to tell your children/future children?   
Be true to yourself … Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for being you!

7. Does you husband (family), ever read your blog?
    Yep! Dallas boy is one of my most faithful readers! My mom, sister and sister-in-law are also known to frequent my blog. I have to be careful about what I write though ;)

 


 
____________________________________________________

Thank you Natalie for reminding us to "Heal the past, Live the present, Dream the future!"
and i am so glad little ma couldn't wait to come out to meet you.

Ladies, when you get a minute, stop by Natalie's blog and say hello!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice interview! I love the motto!

kita said...

Enjoyed meeting Natalie and the baby is so cute. Congrats and I think 30's are the best.

Unknown said...

Thank you Natalie for visiting today! and I do love the motto too..that's needs to be on a plaque somewhere!